Sunday, September 17, 2006

I'm not married...

Hi all...

So today was my cousin's wedding. My cousin who is two days younger than me, my cousin who I was raised with and therefore feel I'm constantly compared to. Normally, I had as much going for me as she did. I made great money, had a steady boyfriend and had at least one college degree. I was always a lot more eccentric, but that's just my personality versus her very traditional personality.

So, their wedding was beautiful. Perfectly family oriented, and perfectly minimal yet beautiful. She wore a dress passed down for the last three generations, which was altered by herself and her mom. BEAUTIFUL. I must say, I was jealous, but extremely happy for her and Jarrod, her boyfriend of 7 years.

While I can see marriage in my future, I also realize that it may not be for me right now. I knew I would get a lot of "So, when are you going to get married, Denise?" My grandma asked my to REALLY try to catch the bouquet. Well let me tell you, at Dave's BFF's wedding last month, I DID catch it. I also immediately passed it on to the bride's 10 year old cousin. Hmm...

I love weddings... No, no I don't. The idea is cute, and I like the tradition involved, but it's too much work that puts TOO MUCH STRESS on the two most important people involved; instead of creating only happy memories around the idea of marriage. One thing my ex and I have in common is SMALL WEDDINGS! If any! I'm thinking an exotic vacation will suffice :)

Well, tonight I am attempting to unpack one month's worth of shit, as well as suck up to my new freelance client for slacking. This weekend is just hectic because I was struck by the reality of bills, and also have 3 family events in two days.

I hope to have some wedding pics soon! Congrats Rachel and Jarrod Reynolds!

Much Love,
D

No comments: