Sunday, September 10, 2006

The best vacation ever!








































































































Hi all... So these are pics from last night, and we'll discuss them later :)

So this is ending up being the best vacation ever! I am lounging around all day... sipping Starbucks and vodka (separately of course)... and getting to hang out with great people--old friends and new! What more could you ask for?

Oh yeah...

Money. A Job. Oh that's right. This is not a vacation. Well... it's Sunday, not different than yesterday. I was in a mood all day yesterday, and today I woke up early!! Like, normal early: 7am, for no reason. I’ve already had a nice (almost argument) conversation with the ex, Dave, experienced 6 hours of quality internet time, and have now gotten ready for ______? I was going to go with Shannon to visit Creagan at his new cafĂ©, “Who’s on 3rd.” But she's still gone (as is James and Creagan, boo).

So last night, the Ogden gang went out for Shannon's 25th birthday, again, but this time was to be low key. We found a "great dive bar" in Hollywood with $3-4 drinks. Holla! That's all we need to hear. It took us a good 45 minutes to find a parking spot, but... finally we enter "The Spotlight." A great gay dive bar... WHOA! You walk in, and there is this skinny, blonde, flexy dancer thing in a black speedo trying to be sexy! ICK! It was very no bueno. However! We heard this place was awesome... Turns out, the music selection was great, the owner was bartending and gave Shannon this insane birthday shot you took with a beer bong funnel, and we were camera happy!! I love love love digital cameras. We looked like idiots, but we took like 30 pics. So fun!

On the way home I do believe I almost got our asses kicked. We were in line at the worst laid-out drive thru EVER, so James left some room for on-coming cars to get thru. THESE BITCHES pull in front of us--like we were fucking just sitting there pondering burgers. Well, o.k... I can understand. But then this OTHER car comes flying around the corner and pulls in RIGHT between us. I don't know what came over me (o.k. I do... I'm me) but I just yelled something like "Hey bitches! What the fuck do you think you're doing" from the back of James' car (the little kid-proof window blocked most of what I was saying.) I think the girls TOTALLY heard me, though. One of them shot me the worst look ever! Bitches. We were hungry.

So... on a less stressful note, the Ogden gang had conversations of "What's next?" last night. What if I don't move back? What if their jobs don't work out for them? Where is Creagan going to live in a few months? Where am I going to end up in a couple months?

We then discussed how Creagan should become a published author, screenplay writer, or urban journalist. His published freelance portfolio is looking great, and we want him to submit that, along with his resume, all over the city!! He's amazing, really. The LA newspaper that LOVES him is even putting out MySpace bulletins anytime he submits something.

Shannon then finished the conversation with, "What about the blog? I read it everyday. You're going to keep it up right?? I mean, you could do St. Louis if you have to move back there, and Charles could do LA." Well, I know I will keep writing. Something about this has helped clear my mind during this otherwise hectic and frustrating time of my life. (I'm in love this with blog, I am.) But I'm not done asking "what if" questions. What the hell will I be doing in two weeks???

Well, hopefully I eat soon. I'm getting sick of my spinach salads with Mexican cheese and oysters crackers. I need real food! Currently we have no plans tonight, but things always change in the place of a minute in LA!

Much love,
D

No comments: