Sunday, January 25, 2009

Why drink shots before the first cocktail??

What started this binge drinking phenomenon?
Was it party people that didn't want to remember walking IN to the bar, let alone walking out of the bar...
... Or was it people that knew that was correct way to numb their memories instantly; to immediately feel something different, and to forget what was plaguing them just moments before.

I'm going with the later idea, and I'm going to pretend I'm not the only one.


This terrible looking shot glass holds the devil's syrup in the middle, and my personal favorite, sugar free red-bull along the outside. Tilt the ole head back, and it's a new beginning where old feelings are flushed away by the Absolut Citron that was on special that night for $3 a shot. WHY put something that yummy on special AND have good signage to advertise? Ahhhh I was doomed when I walked in the venue.

"Creagan! Amanda! Get your asses here!" I type via text message... "I have your first shot waiting on the bar."

"5 Minutes" Creagan replies.

No!!! 5 more minutes til I can sling this back?? I'll just finish this Grey Goose short glass first. 3 minutes later: "Sure I'll have another" I say to the bartender. They arrive to see my second drink almost gone, "Hey guys!! Hey guys!! Here are the shots!!"

I'M even noticing myself, how desperate I sounded to drink these fucking shots. What the hell was going through my head??

The others grab their shots, and without even a toast, we down them. Now originally my classy colleagues had purchased Bud Select 2x4's... but after tasting the delight that is Vodka, they switched to the devil's juice as well.

mmmm. 3 Grey Goose shorts and one "Citron Bomb" later, I'm feeling no worries--nothing--can get to me. Trivia is about to start. OMG it's only 8:30 and I'm fucked. How wrong is that. How wrong is it also that I have to work in the morning. How wrong is it also that my boss, his wife, and some couple friends of theirs are now in the same bar. Wow. I'm going to be seen in such a state? Oh... ah well, did I mention that Vodka makes Dee not give a shizz?

15 minutes later, I was so delighted to see my boss' wifey out and about, I end up chatting with her about my life's direction and being 26 and at a few crossroads WOW! (and I'm now on her lap... How the fuck did that happen I don't know, but it was ok at the time.)

I end up running my mouth to her for like 15 minutes and she was like "Hey, get a grip. Your a great woman. Do what you want, you deserve it. Now stop talking."

LOLs

So we play a bit of Trivia, and of course my ass is yelling the answers out loud (for those of you that know me, I suck at trivia and was damn delighted I knew ANYthing... I'll use that excuse for giving away some answers)

In the end of this 5-hour "happy hour," I am forced to have someone else drive my vehicle to Amanda's, where we all stayed the night and drug our sad asses to work the next day. Yay us!

... Yay for me, though I couldn't exactly call off sick anyway, now could I. My boss was there watching me getting shitty.

Anyway, the point to this blog: The reason. THE REASON I felt the need to get plastered on a Thursday. I wasn't totally in a rotten mood. It was a somewhat dreadful day though: I had been at my doctor's office all day due to some pangs in my center chest. It was scary, and I had to have 6 xrays, and blood work done. She prescribed me the heaviest doses of 2 rather frightening pills, both I had to take for 2 weeks, and both you can't drive or hardly function, let alone drink with. (you could if you were a masochist and wanted to get even more trashed than I...) So I wasn't in a particularly great mood. I had also popped an Excedrine when I got home, which has a bit of caffeine and was meant to dilute my headache from the day... it actually have me a mind and body high and made me EXTREMELY AMPED (yes like that) while I was driving to this happy hour. WOWZA I'M EXCITED. THIS MUSIC IS GREAT. THIS HIGHWAY IS GREAT. OMG MY HEART IS GOING REALLY FAST. WOW I FEEL LIKE KAYNE BLOGGING.

Really, that's how the night started. So, No matter what, I know what I need to do: Get back down to being mellow Dee. From Jan 08 til Dec 08 I was pretty much "2 glasses of wine or 2 martinis" girl, for an entire evening and night. And only like 2 nights a week. Now it's like my body is ready to start "experiencing" alcohol again, and I need to remember that these "Alcohol Wave Tendencies" I call them, are a terrible experience for me, personally, and I'm sure for others. The "waves" are: I'm an alchy for 6 months, then sit-at-home or 6 months. I'm definitely someone that's 'Ride or Die'... 'To the fullest'...'I'm in or I'm out'... kind of person.

My goal for 2009: To moderate ALL aspects of my life. If I go out one night, the next night I'm in AND at the gym. If I eat pasta with olive oil and marinated chicken pieces with cheese all over that shit, the next night its lean protein and grilled asparagus. If I had a realllly caffeinated morning, then I get low-caffeine tea in the evening and get to sleep early that night, so hopefully the next morning I do not need as much crack-feine.

...If all of these ideals actually stuck, I'd want a gold star from everyone that knows me. But we all know it will be like a green star. Green: Good try, semi-honorable mention, btw you spent too much GD money on lattes this year and expensive "good" tea :(

I'm trying ya'll!!!

D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uuuggghhhh....it was an interesting night thats for sure.