Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Painting is Fun

Ah... How exciting. It's like Spring Cleaning... Only it's snowing 6" tonight and my toes are frost bitten while inside. Hmmm.

Today was PAINT DAY! Thank you Nick for driving my ass to the "nearest" Home Depot

Special thanks go out to the Sandman, Bill and Bob, though they'll never read this... It's nice to say anyway ;)

So my company switched logos recently, and we had this UBERlogo on the walls of our conference room. Also the room needed a quick pick-me-up too, so I decided to volunteer for a job; a job that would get me away from a computer screen for 2 days, and would be easyyyyyyyy.

L. O. L. no

So I go spend $135, $135 plus interest and steak and vodka I hope to be repaid. Seriously.

I bought some nifty things: A tape roll with a "drop cloth" attached, I put drop cloth in quotes because this shit tore left and right, a paint bucket the size of your hand that rests on your wrist so you can keep just a bit near you while you do trim work, and an all-in-one kit full of shit I don't know how to use. It's ok tho, remember, I'm getting reimbursed, right?

So the point of all the paneling protection, light switch protection, and most importantly, floor and floorboard protection, is to AVOID paint in those areas. As my boss will discover tomorrow, I was resting my extended roller handle, roller down, on the drop cloths sometimes. Well, wouldn't you know I walked all over that shit, and subsequently all over the carpet :( Bad tennis shoes, bad!

Anywho, primer is done, and my high is almost gone. Tomorrow we paint "OPAL CREAM" or some shit. yay!! It's so cute. Kind of looks like a cousin to Big Bird, but with a more pastel take. I think it will be pleasant yet energizing. Let's hope everyone else thinks so :) I picked it out alone.

Toodaloo!

D, aka PaintFace



No comments: