Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Lord Knows You've been at the edge of your seat...

So, I haven't blogged in forever, but, first let me rant and rave for a minute....

So, NYE was a big change for me this year. I was kind of sick for the week before and Christmas was a little but of a bust this year. I mean. it was fun, but not in a Holiday way in a "what-a-bunch-of-sad-people" type of way. In short, some friends and I had a terrible brunh and ended up getting wasted at Fiesta. Not unlike any other day.

Anyway, NYE was planned a couple of weeks ago. The roomies and I along with the Boston Univeristy Crew decided to go to Club LAX (DJ AM's) for the mere price of 125 bones. Whatever. As the date drew close, I really didn't want to go. I had to work the next day at 9 and was worried it would be too pretentious.

Of course, I am always wrong.

I probably had the best time out of anyone we were with. I danced, I drank, I got to know some new people...I didnt throw up or fall down. The only bumber of the night was the hour long wait on Hollywood Blvd for a cab after I lost everyone around 2 am. Regardless some lovely Vida Sassoon Acad. Students and I shared a cab and bonded over slurred speech.

New Year's Day, of course, was terrible . I woke up late, could not get to work for the life of me...ended up being almost and hour late. Needless to say, we were short staffed and ended up getting really busy. The whole place was full, I was hung over....you get the picture.

To be honest, I did a really good job until we got overflow. I was keeping everyone entertained until they started lining up at the door and stopping me every five mintues asking why they cant sit down. I was just laughing and saying, "I'm doing the best I can.."

So, to make a long story short....people started being really mean. They made me cry. A party of seven ruined my life. I worked way too hard for too little money. One guys chair broke in the middle of the restaurant and he got up and started SCREAMING. Legit SCREAMING at the top of his lungs. Then Gemma (the owner and translator to the kitchen and head cook that day) had to leave to take him to the hospital. (What a pussy). I had to close the restaurant but still had some bitches waiting. They were like, " We dont understand why this is so hard" And "This is the worst service Ive had in L. A.")

I guss they chose to ignore the guy freaking out or the chair or the fact that we were closing for LACK OF FOOD....

I hate people.

Anyway...its over now and Im still a little battered but I will survive.

In other news, I still havent been home yet. I really miss the ole bitch. (Granite City) But, hopefully I'll be back soon.

I have managed to make a crazy group of friends and acquaintences here. I am settling in a little. Kristen and I have been hanging out (woot OK GO) and it's nice to have someone around that I've known for a while.

As it goes, some first impressions have been proven wrong, while others are sticking true. I am looking forward to the Spring and the new year. I hope to stay happy and healthy and not too stressed out. Maybe just maybe, I'll end up with some great experiences and some new friends this year.

I miss all ya all back home.

More later...promise...

XO

No comments: