Sunday, January 21, 2007

Anticipation proclamation!

Yeah, I'm a bad mother fucker. Thought the pic was cool. Shut it.


So...

Lets get right to it. Thursday, Jan 11th, I got a phone call from a company I found on Craigslist. The job was a Project Manager for a Business Center. It was part selling and communications, part training in the restaurant industry. So, not precisely where I thought I would be, but acutally, a very nice fit! We set up an interview for the next day, and things went VERY well. I would have a small team including a sales rep and an installation person, and that team would cover all of IL. So there would be travel, a company car, and semi-annual flights to Dallas, TX. 30K, benefits, a 401(K). GEEZ! It seemed like a lock. Mr. J told me that he had to interview for a couple different positions thru the 19th, and that he'd call me by the end of that week.

SO. Here we are, it is in the wee hours of Sunday, the 21st. Yeah, that's right. I have no news. I called Mr. J Friday the 19th and left him a voicemail saying I was still interested. SO...

Monday.

Monday Monday Monday. Please call me Mr. J.

In other news, I went to the ER on Monday night with realllly bad pangs in the right hand side of my abdomen. And right after a KICK ASS Red Hot Chili Peppers concert! (Thank you Tom for an AMAZING date!) My mom, Tom and myself sat patiently in my little ER room, as they injected three bags of fluid, one bag of antibiotics, and some morphine into my body thru an IV. After the pain refused to subside, the nurse gave me the most blissfully weird/high 5 minutes EVER: demoral. O M G.

High. Like a MFer. I went way off that map with that shit. But it worked.

So, now the outcome is 7 days with heavy-dose antibiotics, darvesets (good shit too) and MINIMAL CAFFEINE. Okay bad.

AND NO ALCOHOL. WTF.

The Porter's steakhouse holiday party is tomorrow night, and that's only day 6. The alcohol would lead to a whole new cycle of prescriptions, and frankly, I couldn't afford the first round. God knows how many years it will take me to pay for my 3 bags of salt water and a fucking needle in my arm. (and good heroine-like demoral... mmmm. And no, I've never done heroine dammit!)

But, aside from having a very lame ass time after me, the newbie already has to work tomorrow night while everyone else will be getting started, I will be sober. Drunk boyfriend, drunk coworkers, and they are allllll horny sons a bitches. Seriously. It's ridiculous. You cannot believe how much shit goes on there. So this will be interesting.

But, even more so, I HAVEN'T DRANK IN 5 DAYS. Hm. Not so hard. I wonder if I should really worry about this problem. Today at the Saturday "wine class" Porter's wine steward does, I was eyeing Tom's cab glass like my life depended on drinking that Italian red. Hm. Sad. The good news is that we have a recovering alcoholic on our crew, and her and I will be together tomorrow night. Sober sisters. WHOO!

Creagan, my main man, do you think we have drinking problems? I know we are states apart now, but WHAT DO YOU THINK? K? Tom? Dave or Dave?

Help a girl out...

Can't wait to drink 8 days next week... :) j/k??

Much love,
D

No comments: