Monday, June 29, 2009

WTF Did cavemen do?



So this guy works for CNN in their Science and Technology division. He says:
"I’m sure some of you will be wondering what the big deal is. You don’t have an iPhone or a BlackBerry and you get along just great in your day-to-day life. But in the past month I’ve heard from a lot of people who say they couldn’t do their job without their smartphones. So it’s not just me."

So he's basically dared himself to go a week without his iPhone: a.k.a Tech Torture with Topher. See above video

So MY say on this, is that it is a BRILLIANT experiment that I think A LOT of people should try once in a while.

Yes, I'm attached to my BlackBerry Storm. I'm aware. But that's just ONE of probably THREE annoying things 60 years old are looking at 50-year-olds and younger going WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BITCHES DOING THESE DAYS??

#1 Mobile Phones, or really, Mobile Offices. (Maybe even MobileLives?)
Bitches, you know even our 26-year-old asses are yelling at each other at dinner parties!! And you know what's funny, I went through a mad texting phase when qwerty LG phones came out like 5 years ago, but that's the TIP of the annoying ice berg. Example:
Creagan's birthday. Awesome dinner party at swank vodka/sushi bar. We are having a conversation and anytime someone said, "hm, I wonder" one of 4 guys would go, "Well according to cnn.com" or "Oh shit! I've got that pic on my phone hold on" and the hostess was like "Hey ya'll. No offense. PUT THAT SHIT AWAY. That includes you Dee." :(

But she was right. It's insane.

#2 Social Networking Sites.
I'M SORRY!! I HATE THEM. BUT LET ME FINISH!! I *Love* that I can see pics of friends removed and find out that my 7th grade boyfriend is recently married. That's all good and wonderful. But when my best friends tell me "What do you mean I did not tell you? I talked about it on my FaceBook homepage all week. Didn't you get the FaceBook invitation?"

Really? Really. Wow. So now we have actually surpassed lazy fuckers (like me) not answering a call because they are enjoying a lovely dinner or are really into a movie FAR too much for a 30 minute phone call, so they will text you "what's up" 30 minutes later. NOW we don't even NEED to personally communicate.

And what I thought was ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING: The rest of the world was already over MySpace, (isn't it weird how it's less appealing now... trends ya'll... trends) and FaceBook is still gaining some power but that's even getting a little too "app-y" for me... So enter TWITTER. SO SIMPLE. So easy. It's like your News Feed from FaceBook and that's it! No apps please. No "Now it's all about 'BEST friends' or 'Fans'." Bitch we are already "friends" in real life.

I digress. So Twitter has the world changed in like 2 months. Yes it's been out longer, but WOW. The world was craving something NEW! You know why I love it? (Or will when everyone gets on?) Is because it's like sending out "Mass texts" without feeling guilty when you're friends go "You sent that to like 10 people didn't you?" (always, yes.)

But really, to my point, ever sit back and listen to some of your friends who don't just enjoy FaceBook and find it as innocent entertainment, they are now using it as some form of necessary communication or even worse, as a spy tool, or punishment. MY fav was when someone would "take you out of their top 8" on MySpace back in 2007. lol. Now I hear my friends going "OMG I said something about my boyfriend on my News Feed, and all his friends saw it and commented. Now they all know how sad he is!" Wow. FaceBook is INSANE how they interweave stuff. I don't need to know that Ashley made a new friend on there. Or that Sarah's boyfriends' friend commented on a picture that someone else took of me and he knows some girl in the background. Shit people. And to boot, my email account sends me reminders of each occurance, so I HAVE to get online and check that shit. Sheesh. We all sound so lame.

#3 CABLE TV.
It's a doozy everyone. My closer friends and family know, I "stuck it to the man" 3 years ago, and disconnected my Charter Cable service. And my home didn't get the "use an antennae" channels. I had nothing. To this day, even in a new home, and a new state, I have yet to get it. Am I kind of out of the loop? Hell yes. Do I miss the nightly news and things like the olympics, yes. That is the hardest part. I AM ABOUT TO GET BASIC. I think. The networks are still decent programming and wouldn't cost a car payment.

But on to the point: I LAUGH INSIDE AND OUT WHEN I HEAR THAT "FLAVOR OF LOVES" SPIN-OFF'S HAVE THEIR OWN SPIN-OFFS!! What is wrong with this world?? And that WebWhores like Tila Tequila and Reality Rejects like NewYork have like 5 SHOWS!!

There are some days that I feel much better NOT having seen the last 3 years of reality tv, and missed most of the recent writer's strikes' stand-in shows. Yes I have missed a few things, but I know I can live without it.

I think if I dared some of my friends to not watch tv (I do watch movies via dvd) they could not do it. If I said "just turn on your iTunes or your radio and chill to that, or throw in a movie" they would be like "you're insane, go back to drinking or sleeping or blogging." (yup.)

**

So there it all is. Try it sometime everyone. YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED HOW DUMB OUR GENERATION SOUNDS. I mean, we were part of something VERY special, the non-tangible revolution, where everything just "tranfers through GB and MB and Broadband." But we need to sit down sometimes, and SEE each other. TALK to each other. Shares some moments that ARE NOT IMMEDIATELY photographed and uploaded. Just be. I bet it would be so bizarre for everyone, myself included.

Much Love,
PM2Progress
DenisePR
Neecie311

Oops. I mean, Dee.

No comments: