Saturday, October 07, 2006

Welcome Kaelin Patricia!




Hey, guess what ya all? One of my BEST bitches, Brandi J and her boyfriend, Kevin gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl this week! WOOT. Congrats guys! Although a complication with the placenta and her amniotic fluid were an issue for the new parents, both Brandi and Baby Kaelin Patricia (keeper of keys, pure) are now healthy and happy at home!

I went to that super gay boutique next to door to "Who's" (Puppies and Babies) and picked up a couple things for the little bundle of joy! Baby shopping is so fetch!

Also, at work today, I had the honor of serving none other than Sarah Chalke! You may remember her from a little show called Roseanne playing the beloved second "Becky"! WOo! She also was on Scrubs. What'd the deal with me running into the cast of that show? I mean, why won't Brit just come out of hiding already and have a drink with me damnit? She's the whole reason I moved to this crazy, sunny hell hole.

I've had a few new things published in Broowaha !

Click on the link above and then on contributors to see my stuff. I've completed 7 articles so far and have remained in the top 5 even though new stuff is being added on a daily basis. The latest one is about all the jobs I've had over the years. Hey, they say "write about what you know".

I think it's crazy that almost 300 people read the article I wrote about lonelygirl15. Freaks me out. Hopefully, one day, way more than 300 folks will be devouring my every word, hanging on my every syllable, licking my nipples...wait...

I've discovered the best thrift store, Out of the Closet.

They have a fucking awesome collection of books and CDs. Plus I got a pair of sweet light brown shoes for like 10 bucks. All the money they make goes to AIDS research, so I feel even better about buying the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack for $3.

If any of you get a chance, check out the movie Quincanera. It's been out for a while, but I just got a chance to see it the other day in the Beverly Center. It was one of the only movies I have ever seen that portrays characters that seem real. The way that the family interacts with one another, the way they speak and tease, I guess it just reminds me of those I grew up with. Plus, it didn't feel like the people were acting as much as we were just flies on the wall of their lives.
Plus, it's set in Echo Park, this part of L.A. that interests me. It was an area fully concentrated with latinos and their culture. The last few years, gays and trendy young people have started to migrate there from North Hollywood and Silverlake, pushing up rental/housing costs and changing the culture of the community. That phenom was a sub-story of Quincanera that was subtle, but obvious at the same time. Damn gays. Always coming in and making everything Starbucks and Lolipops. I think it may only be playing in L.A. and New York now, but I hope it gets a national distribution.

There are so many movies I want to see out this fall. My next Broo article is going to be a list of those movies that I recommend to all my loyal fans. All six of them!

If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time or the tools to write.
Stephen King (1947 - )

1 comment:

Steam Engine said...

Yo bia... I know David Ross, one of the actors from Quincenera... It's cool that you're promoting it, and liked it too! I'm glad it's finallty in the states!

Much love!

Dee