Monday, October 02, 2006

Gray Space and MySpace

Hi all... Wow its been awhile! I have had an interesting week!

First, starting on Wednesday, I have been out like every single second I could possibly be out. It was Ann's birthday weekend extravaganza. I say WEEKEND, because that's what I get for my birthday. That's right bitches.

It was a lot of drinking after I had not drank for a while (being a week:) So, this means my tolerance was low, so this means the fun level was HIGH! Wowza. I'm done for a while for sure.

This weekend I also had yet ANOTHER talk about the ole gray space with the ex....

Def: Gray Space (N) -- The "What the fuck is going on" time after a long relationship.

I asked what was going on: did he or did he not want to get back together?? Did he or did he not see things going anywhere in the NEAR future?? I say near because it is not fair for either party to be like this!! SO many questions, so little intimacy!

Speaking of questions, LET US DISCUSS MYSPACE!

You know, for anyone that has or had a long term relationship in the last two years, MySpace may have been the bane of your relationship's existence. For an online program that has changed the way a generation communicates, it is also killing friendships and relationships! Yes it is popular, hence:

T-shirts saying, "You looked better on MySpace."

Drunken moments where someone says something ridiculous, and their drunk friend says, "OHHHHH! That's SO your new MySpace quote!!"

HOWEVER....

My thoughts are that Satan spawned MySpace... seriously. If you are in a relationship it can be KILLER. The problem is that you can see enough to ignite jealousy, yet NOT ENOUGH when it comes to the personal messages! Fuck this shit!

Then there is the "PRIVATE" and "YOUR COMMENT MUST BE APPROVED" statuses.... ICK! There is way too much emphasis on friends, friend counts, Top 8 (dumbest phenomenon ever) and PLEASE random man whores.... PLEASE stop sending me friend requests at 4am!

So,... can we all just cancel MySpace, get partial labotomies, and go back to using AIM and Yahoo messenger????? AH!

ON A FUN NOTE:

I got TWO jobs today. Hmm. No jobs for two months, now two jobs in one day. ODD! I start tomorrow at my retail job, and then start Thursday at my server job. I have to go from Hootersgirl to classy high-priced steak house server... how how how?

Much love kids!
D

No comments: