Thursday, August 31, 2006

YELLOW CAB BURNS IN HELL....



Hello bitches! Meet Kristen, one of my fellow LA bias...

So, I actually go to my interview today. BIG DAY. Or wait, I tried to go.

I wake up with plenty of time for breakfast, a shower, and a little MySpace time. I called LA Yellow Cab, (the company Creagan and I use all the time) and they were like, "5-15 minutes." So, it's a little before 9 and I was just taking my time, thinking they'd call to announce when they were here. After about ten minutes I go outside, look at my watch, and it's 9:05. I'm like, "o.k... plenty of time..." So,... ten minutes later, they are now TEN minutes late. I call. "where's my cab?" "Oh sorry ma'am... it's on the way." TWENTY minutes later... no car. WHAT THE FUCK??

I notice a Checker Cab driving slowly down the street and I was like, fuck it, "Hey!! Come get me!!" He waved his hand like he was busy... and then pulls over like a block away. Two seconds later I get a recording-like phone call saying, "This is CHECKER cab.. you car is ready." I was like, What's this? That's not even the right car company! AH! So, AGAIN I call YELLOW cab.

"HELLO!!!! YOU GUYS ARE FOURTY MINUTES LATE. I HAD TO POSTPONE AN INTERVIEW, WHAT IS GOING ON?" This was another operator than the first two times. I tried to be nice... but I was SO upset. I never wanted to go back inside for fear that the cab would come by and leave, and there for piss me off! So the new operator was like, "well that's bullshit! Where could they be? Oh wait! What's this? It looks like you order was placed to another cab company since we couldn't get there."

This is when I realized that the bitch down the street WAS my cab. They lady on the phone insisted I stay on the line until we found out for sure. When I was about a half block away, the driver began walking my way. I yelled, "I THINK YOUR MY CAB!" He goes, "For Dennis?"

IT'S DENISE DAMMIT! But yeah... lets go.

So I hop in the car. Apparently they not only screwed me over, but the Checker Cab drove to the "right" address; the original operator just couldnt hear properly. Bitch.

SO... that interview went well. Neecie got herself some freelance work. Holla!

I got home later than expected because I was like an hour late for interview #1, and the client and I talked for quite awhile. So I return after my WALK back (Saving $10... killing my f-ing feet) and I realize I have to leave again in like 20 minutes :(

So I do some more MySpace... and then it was cab time again! This time I was VERY happy that they arrived inside of FIVE minutes. (It's amazing huh?)

Well... I don't know what's worse, being late, OR ALMOST FUCKING DYING WHEN TOONSIS THE DRIVING CAT IS BEHIND THE WHEEL. JEEZZZZ! I tell the guy I had to be in Beverly Hills in 20 minutes, thinking "hey, it's 1:10 and a Thursday... how long can it take?"

He freaks out! He's like, "Jeez lady, we need to hurry!" This whole time he's whizzing in and out of lanes... abruptly jetting around corners to take side streets to avoid lunch time traffic on Santa Monica or Melrose. It was INSANE! We got to Wilshire in like 3 minutes... SERIOUSLY, and then it was stop... stop... stop... ALL THE WAY DOWN WILSHIRE. 18 blocks, oh my god. I was about to puke. SO THEN THE FUN STARTS.

"Here you go sir, would you like to go ahead and call in the autorization for my credit card? The last guy had to call it in and it took awhile-"

"OH MY GOSH MA'AM! No cash??" He whips his head around twice like he didnt believe his eyes the first time. Meanwhile shouting, "You wait til NOW? YOU WAIT TIL NOW? OH MY GOSH... OH MY GOSH..." in his weird little Russian meets Chinese voice. I cannot even explain it. "WE STOP AT ATM... Yes yes... we stop there! He points to a US BANK we were 1 second from passing. God knows what kind of driving manuver he would have made to swing that. "WE DONT HAVE TIME!" I yell... "You have to use my card sir, I have 5 minutes til my appointment, and its only a block away."

So, crisis overted: He had a card swipey thing. No idea what the damn drama was. He then "needs to get my phone number" incase something with the transaction went wrong. Either way, the Russian-Chinese-American Jeff Gordon wannabe got me there on time during heavy Beverly Hills traffic. Kudos to you Mr. Gordon.

Interview #2 went well. I could tell that they had like 1000 applicants for this position though. Boo :(

So... tonight I'm dog sitting for my bia bia Kristen. Yeah!

P.s... Project Runway news: GO MICHAEL... again... he's like my gay, black lover. MUAH! I also loved Uli's dress like always.

It's also VMA's night! Holla! Can't wait to see who will make a desperate publicity attempt. My money is on Jessica Simpson and John Meyer... since they are fucking, i mean dating,.... and both have CD releases in like a week.

FUN FUN!

Much love,
D

No comments: